Hey ladies! I thought we all needed a quick, easy, lesson in plates. I know being on a weight loss journey is tough and some things aren't written out in a manual book to easily access. However, luckily Glo & I are here to help you all out the best way I can.
Before my journey I had not a clue that my plate was supposed to look a certain way. But it certainly is! So listen up, take notes, and make changes to your plate if necessary (no one is perfect):
- It is advised that half your plate be consumed with leafy greens and vegetables.
- A quarter should contain grains or starch
- A quarter should contain your protein or meat which should be between 3 and 4 oz the most
3 Quick Tips:
- Use a salad plate to make it easier not too overdue your portions. I find this extremely healthy and it creates the illusion that my plate is crowded with food when it really isn't
- Use measurement tools! Don't be afraid to place your meal on a scale to determine that it is exactly 3 oz or use a measurement cup to make sure you're putting precisely 1 cup worth of rice on your dish
- Remember to track it! You bite it you write it ladies!!!
Does your plate look like this?
Was this helpful?