Monday, April 23, 2012

Weight loss Interview feat. DivaSlimsDown!!!!

Diva Slims Down Weight loss Success Interview 

How many lbs lost and time frame? 150 pounds lost in 10 months

1.     What motivated/inspired you to lose weight?
There are many things that inspired me to lose weight. The main thing was my health. I decided it was time to lose weight because I was starting to have health problems.  I was on the road to having type 2 diabetes and with changing my eating habits and exercising there was a chance that I could prevent it.  Also, I wanted to do something that my grandmother could be proud of. Another one of my biggest motivations/ inspirations was I wanted to live longer to see my niece and nephews get older.
2.     What would you consider the hardest part to losing weight?
I think the hardest part about losing weight is staying focused. You will have days where you do great and feel you can slack off. Then you will have days where you didn’t do great and feel why bother. Every day my goal is to stay focused on the task at hand. What I did yesterday is over and now I have to focus on doing better today.
3.     What was/is your nutrition and exercise regimen?
I drink tons of water. I do not drink any sodas anymore. I eat similar things as before but less of it. I also find healthier ways to make the foods I like. I don’t eat frozen dinners like lean cuisine etc. They have too much sodium. I make sure I’m eating throughout the entire day 5-6 small meals.  For example for breakfast I will have eggs and turkey bacon.  Next I will have a snack, which can be any fruit of my choice. Then for lunch I will have a chicken salad. I will have another snack of fruit and a 100-calorie pack snack. For dinner I will have chicken breast with vegetables.  Then have another snack like almonds or fruit.
As far as for exercise in the beginning I could only do 15 minutes of walking 2-3 days a week. As I got more endurance my workouts grew longer. Now I workout 2 times a day, once in the morning and once in the evening. 6 days a week for 2-3 hours a day.  In the morning I do a shorter workout, usually a workout DVD that’s less then 30 minutes. In the afternoons I go to Curves and do my strength training and then do an hour zumba class.
4.     What was/is your favorite exercises? My favorite exercise is doing zumba. It’s extremely fun! It doesn’t even feel like you are exercises.
5.     What form of exercise would you recommend to a beginner? I would recommend if you never exercised before to start out walking.
6.     What motivational material inspired you to continue your journey? What kept me motivated throughout my journey is making youtube videos. It really helps me and holds me accountable each week to do my best.
7.      During your journey did you hit a plateau and what did you do to overcome it? I have hit many plateaus in my journey. I found either changing up the food or exercises always help me get back into weight loss mode.
8.      What would you have changed from the beginning of your journey now that you have learned form your success? If I could go back and change anything I would be to get over my fear of sweating and working out. I didn’t like the fact that working out made me look like a “hot mess”. I now know that if you really want to see results you have to put in the work and sweat the pounds off.

2 Personal Questions
1.    Has your weight loss made a change in how you see yourself? When I first started my journey I didn’t think someone as big as me could lose weight naturally and on my own. Once I started believing in myself I learned that I could do this. I never knew that I was so strong and determined until I started losing weight. I finally got to see what I was really capable of doing when I put 100 percent into it. 
2.    What did you have to overcome in order to continue your journey? I to get rid of all the self-doubt. I had to learn that with hard work and true belief in myself that I can do anything I put my mind to.

We strongly encourage you to check out DivaSlims down on her youtube channel! She has a wide range of great advice and motivation to pass down to others! Oh and I must add Diva is still dropping pounds and losing inches!!! Wooohooo!!!

And to add ladies there is no limit on the amount of success you’ve had. If you know someone or if you want to share your success, be sure to email us at 2bfitfabfierce@gmail.com so we can interview you or a friend!!




4 comments:

Chi-Chi said...

the change is amazing! conngratulations on getting fit, losing weight and embracing a healthier lifestyle!

www.thatgoodgirlchi.blogspot.com

Glo said...

Yes! Chi-Chi her transformation is great and she is still losing!

Finding Me, One Pound at a Time said...

WOW!! Her story is AMAZING!! I just visited her vlog and it was powerful. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

No prob girly more interviews are to come!!!