Monday, April 2, 2012

New Product Find (GNC Pro Performance Whey Protein)

My shake made with skim milk



Hey ladies,

So I recently realized that I was failing to meet the suggested amount of protein that I should be in taking for my diet. So I thought about several different ways to alter my diet. Then I considered protein shakes. So I done a little bit of researching, I considered several different brands. I then came across GNC Pro Performance. This brand has several different flavors and after reading the reviews and comments I decided to go with the Banana Cream Flavor. This flavor is so delish! It reminds me of a banana-flavored milkshake, and it definitely has helped me to make my recommended amount of protein in take.  Below is some information that I found via WebMd.com

Dieters. When shedding pounds sensibly, the goal is to lose body fat but maintain lean muscle mass. Protein helps you do that. Protein foods tend to be more filling, so they delay hunger, making it easier to stick with your weight-loss program. Just keep an eye on the calories and portion sizes of your protein choices when including them in meals and snacks.

Protein shakes
As interest in health and nutrition grows, more and more people are trying protein shakes as a way to lose weight or enhance their sports performance. What do protein shakes consist of, and what are their true benefits? Here's some information to guide you.

 

What are protein shakes?Protein is one of the body's main building blocks for muscle, bone, skin, and other tissues. Used often by athletes, protein shakes come in many combinations of protein, carbohydrates, and fats. They can range from 100% protein to mostly carbohydrates with a little added protein and fat. Protein shakes come in a variety of flavors in powder form or in ready-to-drink packages, such as cans or foil packs.


How much protein do you need?Almost all people can get the protein they need from whole foods and drinks in their diet. The recommended daily intake of protein for healthy adults is 0.75 g of protein per kilogram of body weight, or about 45 to 56 g of protein a day


Whey protein is:

·       A protein found in milk
·       Fast-absorbing
·       In your body for a shorter time
·       A good supplement after intense workouts



No comments: