Sunday, March 4, 2012

Fruit Guide

This week I want to discuss fruits and its myths. I know it can be frustrating figuring out how to approach produce. Many of us think they are gross, impossible, or free foods. But in reality, they too hold calorie amounts, are delicious, and very nutritious. Most importantly, fruits are FILLING! If you need a quick snack or something to satisfy that sweet tooth grab some berries.


Above, are a few calorie estimations for the fruits you may be eating on a daily basis!
And as if there weren't enough reasons to eat fruit, here a few more that you probably had no clue about!

FRUIT MYTHS
  • All the great fruit is often out of season and nothing ever seems ripe during the Winter. WRONG!
  • You'd rather wait until Summer to get your fruit on when everything is good! WRONG!
  • Fruit has too much sugar. WRONG!
  • Fruit still has calories and too much of a good thing is bad for you. WRONG!
  • If it's not green then it can't be lean. WRONG!
Here Are My Top 5 Must Have Fruits: (RIPE ALL YEAR ROUND)
  1. Bananas - Perfect breakfast component. Always in season. On the go approved.
  2. Carrots - Hits that crunch craving. Easy to pack. Affordable. Lasts long. On the go approved.
  3. Grapes - Satisfies the sweet tooth. Easy to pack. Lasts long. On the go approved.
  4. Apples - Make me feel super full. Always in season. On the go approved.
  5. Strawberries - Great for munching. Easy to pack. Great for on the go.
My Least Favorite Fruits:
  1. Oranges - peeling process is irritating to me and my nails. (sorry I'm such a diva) 
  2. Pomegranate - too seedy and difficult to eat but I love the taste of them in drinks.
My Top 5 Favorite Fruits:
  1. Watermelon
  2. Mango
  3. Blueberries
  4. Plums
  5. Pineapple


So remember, "fruit is not the enemy--it's your friend!"


What's your favorite fruit & your least favorite fruit?
Share in a comment below!

2 comments:

Glo said...

All of these fruits look so DELISH! plus the information is on point! 2thumbs up Daisy!!!

Just Daisy said...

thanks Glo! I hope others find it just as helpful :D