Monday, March 26, 2012

10 Tasty Salad Options

Hey ladies! I hope all is well on those health journeys and if they're not then after this post it definitely will be. I wanted to spend sometime on the subject of salads. Everyone thinks salads are boring, simple, bland even but I think they are one of the most versatile meals you can ever have! Especially since, they're loaded with fiber, vitamins, and all the healthy necessities our bodies need.

Trust me, there's more out there to choose from besides Chicken Caesar and garden salads!

I'll be honest, I never liked salads. I would cringe at the thought of them but since starting my weight loss journey I've become completely addicted to them. I've learned how to mix it up, keep it fresh, and keep it new. If you have a bad history with salads please allow me to change your perception.

1. Spinach Greens, Quinoa, Grapefruit, and Advocado salad. (c/o: Skinny Taste, Recipe Here)
2. Caprese Salad: Lettuce, Mozzarella, Olive Oil and Tomatoes
3. Grilled Chicken, Tomatoes, Roasted Butternut Squash, String beans & Mixed Greens
4. Rainbow Salad: Grilled Chicken, Corn, Grilled Yellow & Red Peppers, Onions. Add a southwestern feel to a bland salad! (c/o)
5. Apple Chicken Walnut Salad: Yes fruits & vegetables make a delicious combination (c/o + recipe here)
6. Spinach Strawberry Salad w/ Poppy Seed Dressing and Crushed Pistachios (c/o + recipe here)
7. Grilled Shrimp, sliced mango, lettuce, avocado, onions,and  peanuts (c/o + recipe here)
8. Potato Salad: Baby Dutch Potatoes, feta cheese, green peas, radish, shallot, and artichoke. (c/o + recipe)
9. Mixed Berries Salad: Blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, blueberries lime, grilled chicken, walnuts (c/o)
10. Chicory Tangerines, Onions, Pomegranate, and Mixed Greens (c/o)

Which salad will you try next?
 What's your favorite salad combo?

9 comments:

Falala Mele said...

I have been using a lot of quinoa. Its soooo yummy and good for you! Thanks for sharing the awesome recipies!

Finding Me, One Pound at a Time said...

The salads do look very yummy!! I must try the rainbow salad one day. :)

Just Daisy said...

@Falala Mele I need to try some quinoa. It looks so light and tasty! I hope you try some of these recipes out :)

Just Daisy said...

@Finding Me, One Pound at a Time I agree with you on the rainbow salad! It looks scrumptious!

Glo said...

Wow Daisy!!! these are some fabulous salads, I really need to overcome the idea of fruit and veggies can come together in a salad! I want to try all of these salads!!!

Falala Mele said...

I LOVE fruit in salads.... at the moment I have a few of my favourite salads on rotation (because I cant seem to get enough) a chicken, chilli, black peper and lime salad, baby spinach and peach salad and I do an apple and walnut one with fetta cheese....defs will be trying out a few of these....Im also in love with a roasted pumpkin, chic pea and spinach salad with pepitas and a balsamic dressing....ARGHHHH DROOLING NOW!!!

Falala Mele said...

oh and the quinoa is my alternative to rice. Its a really amazing grain...Im pretty sure its got a good protien count and its easier to digest...so all in all a good carb option :) Last year you didnt see much about it but this year it seems to be in all the cooking magazines...I made a nice vegetarian rice and vegtables (but I used quinoa instead)and it was yummy because it takes on the flavours well...can also be used as a breakfast instead of oats ;) Tell me how you go with it!

Glo said...

@ Falala Mele The idea of chicken with lime and chili sounds delish, and the other salads u mentioned have my mouth watering yummm! and Ive been wanting to try quinoa as well!

Just Daisy said...

@falamele I agree with glenda my mouth is watering at the idea of peaches, chicken, and lime! woo! your salad game is on point girl haha

thanks for sharing those awesome recipes too :D