Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Work Out Wednesday | Review: Saucony Fastwitch 5 Sneaker

This Workout Wednesday I wanted to share a review! I've been feeling less motivated these days so I decided to the next best thing. I bought a cute pair of sneakers to inspire me to keep pushing forward in my fitness endeavors. I found these beauties at my local Marshall's Shoe Store and surprisingly they were under $40. I've never owned a pair of Saucony's and was curious to find out their capabilities. I feel like I always go after Nike's just out of habit but this time around I totally wanted to try something new. These are called Saucony Fastwitch 5. Of course the pink drew me in but when I put them on they felt amazing! 

(here's a photo of them on my feet)

Logistics:
  • Sizing: I am usually an 8 or 8.5 but these run a bit small. I had to get a size 9.5 so be careful!
  • Flexibility: I love how much stretch I get in these. During my spin class I was able to flex and arch my feet comfortably. Running in these on the treadmill is a breeze
  • Weight: These are very light weight although looks may be a bit deceiving. There's plenty of support.
  • Structure: The mesh layer allows plenty of breath-ability for my feet, so there's no worry about stinky sweaty feet after a tense workout, a major plus.

Pros:
  • They are super duper cute, I love pink and black. These two colors are practical for all four seasons and add enough pop to keep you excited about hitting the gym.
  • Very light weight, flexible, and comfortable. 

Cons:
  • I'm not too sure if it was my gym's flooring, perhaps the wax was fresh, but I felt the grip was a little slippery when I was doing a few Pilates moves. I found myself sliding all over the damn place.
  • They run very small so like l said a size and a half larger might be your best bet.


If you are feeling drab in the fitness department, inspire yourself with a brand new pair of sneakers! And don't forget to grab your water bottle and stay hydrated. Too much is never enough! Better safe than sorry. 


No comments: