Friday, September 28, 2012

Celebrity Slim Downs: Ms. Raven Symone


So its been a while since I've done a spotlight feature in our celebrity slim downs mini series. I want to welcome it back with a celebrity who I deeply admire personally. Ms. Raven Symone, actress extraordinaire. She is an amazing bombshell, activist, and role model to women across all boards.  If you didn't know Raven is a picture of weight loss success in my book.  

Raven reported that she started her journey by taking it in slow steps. 
  1. She began swapping healthier food options like oatmeal and salmon. 
  2. She started exercising 4x's a week
  3. She linked up with a personal trainer to keep her in check 
  4. She kept a positive attitude by telling herself: "Whether or not I'm this size, I always preached, 'Be comfortable with yourself,' and I will preach that forever."
Looks like these 4 steps got her far in her journey to success without any surgeries! 

“I stopped stressing. You have to realize at 15, there was a whole entire show I had on my shoulders. It was a very big cast and crew and if you’re sick for a day, people lose money and that’s a problem,” she said at the time. “[It wasn't] just over eating because I’ve actually been eating the same. I keep a little bit more smaller portions because I learned that your body has to get rid of that stress some way. Some people break-out, some people lose their hair, some lose weight, some people gain weight, my body just reacted a certain kind of way.”-(credit)

“I find it funny that people now come up to me and say, ‘Wow, you are absolutely gorgeous. I’m like, ‘I was beautiful before I lost weight. Egotistically speaking, I thought I was amazing.’” -(credit)



Raven gets candid on her weight loss journey with none other then Ms. Wendy Williams.  Listen to what she has to say about her change of lifestyle and how its affected who she is today! Finally a celebrity who isn't afraid of being honest. We love it!

Ladies, if Raven can do it. 
Why can't we?

No comments: